Saratoga Springs, NY
Ferraro, Amodio & Zarecki, CPA, a boutique forensic accounting and financial consulting firm, based in Saratoga Springs, is seeking a CPA/financial professional with 0 to 3 years of experience to specialize in forensic accounting and litigation support matters.
The firm offers a wide variety of forensic accounting services. The diverse case load is both interesting and challenging and involves insurance loss accounting, fraud and financial investigations, economic damage analysis, business valuations, shareholder/partner disputes, personal injury claims, litigation support and expert testimony. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional who has a genuine interest in forensic accounting and litigation support services to work with a highly credentialed, seasoned and well-regarded team of forensic accountants in all aspects of cases and to foster a long-term career in this growing niche area. Some travel is required. Total compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Assist with all facets of engagement management and administration
- Communicate daily with clients, attorneys, insurance claims reps and claimants
- Gather, organize, analyze, understand and summarize accounting data and supporting documents
- Analyze historical financial statements, tax returns, company accounting records, industry information and financial projections
- Trace funds, assets and accounting/banking transactions
- Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various individual and commercial economic damage claims
- Draft questions for document requests, witnesses, interrogatories, depositions and cross examinations
- Draft reports and prepare supporting tables, charts and exhibits
- Maintain outstanding relationships with colleagues, clients and referral sources
Accounting or finance background with CPA and/or VFL designation such as CFF, MAFF, CVA, ABV and CFE or working towards their completion
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited university
- Positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects and short deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Professional demeaner and strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint…Access a plus
Candidates who are interested in applying should forward their resume to email@example.com.